Rosie Napravnik reached another milestone during her first full year as a rider when she reached the winners’ circle for the 300th time this year with Merryland Monroe ($4) in the seventh race at Laurel Park Dec. 29.
"This is huge," said Napravnik, who has 92 wins during the current fall meeting. "It has been such a great year. To be able to win the 300th for Mike Trombetta is an honor. He is so professional and such a terrific horseman."
The 18-year-old sensation, who ranks sixth nationally in victories, has 259 first place finishes at Laurel Park and Pimlico this year. Only Ramon Dominguez (297 in 2001) and Mark Johnston (292 in 2000) have won more races at the major Maryland tracks in a one-year campaign during this decade.
Most Popular Stories
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- R Free Roll Aims to Tumble Sugar Swirl Rivals
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014
- CA Stakes Winner Gig Harbor to Victory Rose
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Engaging On-Track Fans With Social Games
- Genetics Behind Horses' Face and Leg Markings Studied
- Paulick Presented With Bergstein Award
- Kettle Corn to Stand in Ohio at Fair Winds