Swen finished third in the third race at Bay Meadows on August 7, 2003. The stewards disqualified Swen and ordered the purse redistributed for the race.
In accordance with a stipulated agreement with the California Horse Racing Board, Rogers was issued a 60-day suspension and $3,000 fine, with 30 days of the suspension and $1,500 of the fine stayed for one year conditioned on one year of probation. Rogers is denied access to all facilities within the CHRB’s jurisdiction during the suspension, which runs from Dec. 19 through Jan. 17.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29