"I just gave her a little time off," trainer John Shirreffs said. "I didn’t want to take her to Del Mar, that’s all," he said in explaining the layoff from June 3. "I tried to run her at Hollywood but didn’t get a race for her, so, here we are. She’s a nice filly."
The 5-year-old mare has a 4-0-3 record from 11 starts, with earnings of $151,850 for owner George Krikorian of Redondo Beach, Calif.
Probable for the 40th running of the Monrovia, for fillies and mares 4-year-olds and up: Bella Banissa, Richard Migliore; Cambiocorsa, Jon Court; Clinet, Alex Solis; Costume Designer, no rider; Honey Rose, no rider; Indian Breeze, Martin Pedroza; Maryfield, Victor Espinoza, Selvatica, Aaron Gryder; Society Hostess, Garrett Gomez; Somethinaboutbetty, no rider; and Wild Storm, Corey Nakatani.
Also on the Santa Anita card for New Year’s Day is the $100,000-added El Conejo Handicap (gr. III) for older horses at 5 1/2 furlongs on the main track.
Probable for the El Conejo Handicap: Areyoutalkintome, Espinoza; Brooker, Aaron Gryder; Harvard Avenue, Gomez; Premium Saltine, Tyler Baze; Proud Tower Too, David Cohen; Red Warrior, Agapito Delgadillo; and Roi Charmant, Nakatani
Most Popular Stories
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Storms Eye and Europe to Bearfoot Farms
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- Brown Enters Pleuven, Request in Dania Beach
- Rice Plots Spots for Palace; Gravesend Next