San Manuel Indian Bingo and Casino has been named the presenting sponsor for the 2007 edition of the $1 million Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I), the richest race on Santa Anita's stakes calendar. The Big 'Cap will be run for the 70th time on March 3. Steve Lengel, executive director of operations for San Manuel Indian Bingo and Casino, and Ron Charles, president of Santa Anita Park, made the announcement Dec. 23. This will be the first time the Santa Anita Handicap will be run with sponsorship.Additionally, San Manuel will be the title sponsor of the $500,000 Sunshine Millions Turf, which will be run as the premier event at Santa Anita on Sunshine Millions Day Jan. 27. The San Manuel Indian Bingo and Casino Sunshine Millions Turf will be televised live as part of the Sunshine Millions network broadcast on NBC.The race sponsorships are part of an overall marketing relationship forged between San Manuel and Santa Anita for the entire 2006/2007 racing season at Santa Anita and the Oak Tree at Santa Anita meeting. The agreement will include cross promotion, television advertising on HRTV, Santa Anita simulcasts and race replay show, signage, program advertising and special San Manuel presentations at Santa Anita.Santa Anita's winter/spring meeting will open on Dec. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Cup Day: John Gosden - The Fugue
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Rise Up Scores for Late Sire Rockport Harbor
- Chasing Landaluce
- Turfway Cancels Card Because of Weather
- Silver Returns to New York Racing Association