What signals does this send to potential buyers?Heart to owners and trainers of America's best Thoroughbreds to run them more than a handful of times before sending them off to the breeding shed. Losing a race isn't the end of the world. Some of the greatest horses in history were beaten as many times as they won. Schulhofer: A Class ActRacing lost more than a Hall of Fame trainer when Scotty Schulhofer died Dec. 14 at the age of 80. It lost another link to an era when gentlemen and sportsmen ruled.Schulhofer had unyielding respect for the game and its traditions, and he attracted the loyal support of a dwindling group of owners who shared those values.
Most Popular Stories
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Wildcat Red Stretches Speed Toward Classics
- KEEP Opposes Open-Ended Gambling Measure
- Palace Malice's Wins to Benefit Research
- THS: Santa Anita H. & San Felipe S.
- Haskin: Another Opportunity For Wise Dan
- Who Will Win the Big 'Cap Showdown?
- Bayern Out of San Felipe With Bruised Quarter
- Epic Rematch Set for Santa Anita Handicap
- Bond Holder to Florida Clinic for Monitoring