The Turf Publicists of America have elected their slate of officers for 2007, president John Lee announced Dec. 6 at the organization's annual Mark Kaufman Workshop during the University of Arizona's Symposium on Racing & Gaming.Lee, whose two-year term is expiring, will pass the gavel to newly elected president Eric Wing, senior director of media relations for the National Thoroughbred Racing Association. Wing previously served as vice president at large for the TPA.John Engelhardt, Bill Knauf, Joan Lawrence, and Julie Sarno were elected to one-year terms as vice presidents. Engelhardt, director of publicity and public relations at River Downs, will represent the Central region; Knauf, director of marketing, Monmouth Park/Meadowlands, will represent the East region; Lawrence, senior manager of communications for the NTRA, was elected vice president at large; and Julie Sarno, a California-based marketing consultant, freelance writer, and past TPA president, will represent the West region.Dave Zenner, communications manager at Arlington Park, was elected to a two-year term as secretary-treasurer of the TPA. Zenner has been serving as acting secretary-treasurer since the resignation of Bruno Zalubil earlier this year.The new board assumed office at the Dec. 6 TPA general membership meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Trainer Harvey Vanier Dies at Age 89
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet