County Tipperary-based pinhooker Ger Hourigan bought the February-born colt for 72,000 guineas (about $143,500) after outbidding BBA Ireland agent Eamonn Reilly.
Gay O'Callaghan's County Kildare-based Yeomanstown Stud stepped in early to spend 62,000 guineas on another Kyllachy, a half-brother to stakes winner Mrs Meggy (by Pivotal) offered from Peter Balding's Throckmorton Court Stud.
A Xaar colt from the family of his stallion's sire Zafonic offered by Jim Mitchell from Beechgrove Stud was another to make 62,000 guineas when selling to Paul McCartan, manager of Denis Brosnan's Croom House Stud in County Limerick.On the day, 173 lots were sold for 3,286,100 guineas, an average of 18,995 guineas and a median of 15,000 guineas. Last year, 216 were sold for 2,110,600, an average of 9,771 guineas and an average of 6,500 guineas.
Most Popular Stories
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY
- Breeder Berglar Earns Breeders' Cup Award