Richard Mandella, one of the nation's leading trainers and a member of Racing's Hall of Fame, has accepted a directorship on the board of Oak Tree Racing Association, "Oak Tree is pleased to welcome Richard to the board as he brings a wealth of experience in the racing industry," President Jack K. Robbins said in making the announcement Nov. 17. "He has an exceptional knowledge of the backstretch and is highly respected by his peers as well as other members of the Thoroughbred racing community." Mandella, 56, becomes the first trainer to be selected to serve since the formation of Oak Tree in 1968. He joins a board that includes, in addition to Robbins, Executive Vice President Sherwood C. Chillingworth and Thomas R. Capehart, Dr. Rick Arthur, John H. Barr and Trudy McCaffery.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- KHRC Drug Tests: Turfway Meet 'Cleanest'
- Lord Windermere Prevails in Gold Cup Photo
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- KY House Speaker: Gambling Amendment Dead
- Kentucky Horsemen Prepped on New Drug Rules
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Trainer Michael D'Angelo Dies at 55
- Fair Grounds Hall of Fame Inducts Proud Spell