Dare to Dream Stable's Nicole's Dream, a winner of 24 of 53 starts under the care of trainer Larry Rivelli, has been retired.Nicole's Dream is catalogued in Keeneland's horses of all ages sale Jan. 8-13, but Dare to Dream's managing partner, Michael Faber, said he is also considering breeding her to Giant's Causeway .The 6-year-old Florida-bred daughter of Northern Trend banked $826,454. Twenty of her wins came from 39 starts on grass. In her home state of Illinois, she was nearly unbeatable on grass, winning 11 of her 13 starts. Nicole's Dream is also a dual track record holder over the Arlington green, posting a course best :55.90 for five furlongs on July 16, 2006, and :56.38 for "about" five furlongs on Sept. 18, 2003.The speedy bay defeated males in the $250,000 Turf Sprint Championship at Calder Aug. 5. In her swan song at Churchill Nov. 12, Nicole's Dream finished third as the 8-5 favorite in the grassy Pent Up Kiss Handicap. Purchased privately for $175,000 in the summer of 2003, Nicole's Dream put Dare to Dream Stables on the partnership map. "She was our first major horse," said Faber. "All the traveling and the wins, it something not many owners get to experience with a horse."
Most Popular Stories
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014