"The decision by the trustees to include the Guild on the seven-member Unsecured Creditors Committee demonstrates to the industry how important jockeys are to the successful conduct of a pari-mutuel meet," Kennedy said. "For far too long, the industry regarded the only participants in the business of racing to be the tracks, the owners, and trainers, and the expertise of the jockeys was previously ignored."NYRA filed for bankruptcy protection earlier in November, though it continues to operate its business--live racing at Aqueduct--as usual.
Most Popular Stories
- Chasing Landaluce
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Tattersalls Ends Year With Soaring Figures
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?