Robert Farinella has been appointed senior vice president and general manager of Tioga and Vernon Downs racetracks in New York, owner Nevada Gold & Casinos announced Nov. 10.Farinella is replacing Eric Persson, who resigned. Farinella was most recently president and general manager of Prairie Meadows Casino and Racetrack in Altoona, Iowa, where he was responsible for a $120 million expansion. He has also served as general manager of Jumer's Casino Rock Island in Illinois and consulted in the development of various Native American and riverboat gaming facilities. ``Bob brings tremendous experience and leadership and we look forward to his future contributions which will enable these two facilities to achieve their optimum potential,'' said John Arnesen, president and COO of Nevada Gold & Casinos.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- CHRB to Meet as Hollywood Park Closure Nears
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Ultimate Guide To Winning 1 Million Points
- Hong Kong Cup Day: John Gosden - The Fugue
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce