Hawthorne's leading rider Chris Emigh has been named to pilot the morning-line favorite in all six $100,000 Illinois stakes for Saturday's Phil Georgeff Festival of Racing card Saturday. Christine Janks trains four of the early choices. They are Pretty Jenny (3-1) in the Powerless Handicap, High Expectations (5-2) in the Lightning Jet Handicap, Stop a Train (5-2) in the Illini Princess Handicap and Chillin Villain (7-2) in the Sun Power Stakes. Emigh will also climb aboard early favorites Magnetic Miss (7-2) in the Showtime Deb for "Spanky" Broussard and Wiggins (3-1) in the High Alexander Handicap for Dale Romans.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29
- KY House Speaker: Gambling Amendment Dead
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- KHRC Drug Tests: Turfway Meet 'Cleanest'
- Kentucky Horsemen Prepped on New Drug Rules
- Trainer Michael D'Angelo Dies at 55
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Fair Grounds Hall of Fame Inducts Proud Spell
- NTRA Safety Alliance Re-Accredits Aqueduct