The total number cataloged for November 2006 exceeds last year by 549 horses. Scheduled to be offered are 2,495 broodmares, 2,106 weanlings, 184 broodmare prospects, 155 racing or broodmare prospects, 36 stallion prospects, 25 racing or stallion prospects, 19 racing prospects, and six stallions. Also cataloged is a season to Afleet Alex, with proceeds of its sale to benefit the charity "Alex's Lemonade Stand."
"We are very optimistic that the record-breaking momentum of our September sale will carry into November," said Keeneland's Director of Sales Geoffrey Russell. "As always, our November catalog offers an extensive number of stakes producers and stakes-winning fillies and mares, as well as weanlings by some of the hottest young sires around."Beginning in November, Keeneland will become the first Thoroughbred auction company to utilize digital X-rays in its repository, allowing more than one veterinarian to view X-rays on a single horse simultaneously.
Most Popular Stories
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Multi-Breed Drug Uniformity No Easy Task
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- New Buyers Drive Up Sales at Arqana
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- Charles Town Gets Dates But Awaits Contract
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia