ReRun, the non-profit adoption organization, announced Oct. 25 that a select group of its signature "Moneigh" paintings created by past and present Breeder's Cup winners and contenders are available on eBay. Each Moneigh is an original, watercolor painting created by famous past or present Breeders' Cup contenders. Each Moneigh is unique in style and color and is created by the equine artists who use their muzzles, whiskers, lips and tails. A hoof print, lock of mane, and brass name plate, along with the name of the horse complete the paintings, which are trademarked by ReRun.The online auction will feature Capote, Cherokee Run, Cigar, Da Hoss, Giacomo, Is It True, Kafwain, Kela, Lava Man, Louis Quatorze, Perfect Drift, Speightstown, Successful Appeal, and War Chant. In addition, four paintings feature autographs of the horses' Breeders' Cup jockeys: 1st Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) winner Wild Again has Pat Day's signature; 2000 Juvenile runner-up Point Given (Gary Stevens); 1994 Classic winner Concern (Jerry Bailey); and 1985 Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) winner Precisionist (Chris McCarron). Precisionist recently passed away at Old Friends Retirement Farm.
"We want to honor past and present Breeders' Cup winners and participants whose equine art helps support less famous ex-racehorses after their racing days are over," said Barbara Luna, ReRun's new executive director. Luna added, "The Moneighs are highly sought after by racing fans and generate enormous support from the public that want to see ex-racehorses get good homes."
The Moneighs tm can be viewed on eBay at http://art.search.ebay.com/moneigh. ReRun is a registered (501)(c)(3) organization.
Most Popular Stories
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North