Loder outbid Dirk Eisele of BBA Germany at 280,000gn (about $550,754) for the handicapper Fairmile, winner of the John Smith's Cup at York in July. He was bought to race in Dubai.
Loder had earlier seen off Gary Moore's assistant David Wilson to buy recent Jockey Club Cup (Eng-II) fourth Zurbaran for 210,000gns (about $413,085).
US-bound purchases included group II-placed 2-year-old Bodes Galaxy (who will join Valdimir Cerin in California after being bought for 140,000gns (about $275,367) by agent Gordian Troeller). Jim Cassidy will take charge of another Troeller purchase, 2-year-old filly Passified who made 125,000gns (about $245,858). During day one, the sale company reported 222 of the 264 offered horses sold for 5,002,000gns (about $9,838,235), to average 22,532gns ($44,315). The median was 11,000gns (about $21,636).
The sale continues Oct. 24 with a session starting at 9:30am.
Most Popular Stories
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Multi-Breed Drug Uniformity No Easy Task