Decision Delayed on Shirocco's Turf Status
Updated: Saturday, October 21, 2006 8:38 PM
Posted: Friday, October 20, 2006 12:36 PM
A decision on whether Shirocco will attempt to defend his title in the John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) has been delayed "until the last possible moment," according to Paul Harley, racing manager to the 5-year-old's owner breeder Baron von Ullmann.
Connections had hoped to decide Friday after Harley had met with Shirocco's trainer Andre Fabre, but after talks with Fabre and von Ullmann, Harley said, "There is an awful lot to consider, and we are unable to make up our minds just yet."
The German-bred winner of seven of 13 career starts has won three of four outings this year and most recently finished eighth in the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I).
FREE! E-Newsletters from The Blood-Horse!...
Follow the top stories of major racing events, racing previews and results with FREE e-newsletters from bloodhorse.com. As news develops, we'll deliver updates to your inbox. Follow important events moment by moment, step by step!