Summerly, front-running winner of the 131st Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), will be consigned by Eaton Sales to the Fasig-Tipton November Selected Mixed Sale Nov. 5 in Lexington. A daughter of Summer Squall-Here I Go, Summerly was previously consigned by Eaton Sales in 2003 as a yearling at the Keeneland September Sale, where she was sold for $410,000. Since her debut, she has earned $891,000 and won three stakes races by a total of 10 lengths. To date, she has won six races from 13 starts including the the Fair Ground Oaks (gr. II), the Silverbulletday Stakes (gr. III), and the Ashado Stakes."She has a sterling pedigree," asserts Tom Van Meter of Eaton Sales, "Everything from Bold Ruler and Buckpasser to Secretariat and Seattle Slew; not to mention her grandsires are Storm Bird and Mr. Prospector."Trained by Steve Asmussen and Scott Blasi for Winchell Thoroughbreds, Summerly will wrap up her racing career in the Emirates Airlines Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I) at Churchill Downs Nov. 4 and will be available for inspection at Fasig-Tipton on the morning of Nov. 5.
Most Popular Stories
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- Researchers Evaluate Hoof Wall Tubule Density, Morphology
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa