An educational fund for Dustin Mallory has been established with more than $10,000 pledged by the Kentucky Thoroughbred Farm Managers' Club and the Florida Thoroughbred Farm Managers' Club. Dustin is the 8-year-old son of Dan Mallory, the Bourbon County horseman who perished in the Aug. 27 crash of Comair Flight 5191 in Lexington. Steven Nicholson, president of the Kentucky Thoroughbred Farm Managers' Club, explained, "The Club wants to recognize Dan's contributions to the industry – not only as past president of this club, but as an exemplary horseman who was a familiar face at all the Florida, Kentucky, and Texas sales." The custodial account has been established at Chase Bank in Lexington. The Kentucky and Florida farm managers' clubs have each made $5,000 donations. To make a donation, please contact Chase Bank's Suzanne Smith at (859) 231-2552, or 1785 Alexandria Dr., Lexington, Ky., 40504.
Most Popular Stories
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Trainer Harvey Vanier Dies at Age 89
- NYRA Budget Passes, But Not Without Debate