Henny Hughes, the nation's leading 3-year-old sprinter, breezed a half mile in :46 3/5 over the Belmont Park main track Saturday morning. The work was the fastest of the day at the distance.The runaway winner of Saratoga's King's Bishop (gr. I) last month, Henny Hughes is expected to run next Saturday in the $400,000 Vosburgh (gr. I) at six furlongs. Others expected for the Vosburgh, New York's key prep race for the $2 million TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) are the Belmont-loving Silver Train, Who's the Cowboy and War Front. "It was a very good work," trainer Kiaran McLaughlin said. "He needed to do a little something."Henny Hughes, a gifted speed horse, breezed a half mile in a peculiarly slow :52 1/5 last Saturday. "I feel like I over coached the rider last week," McLaughlin said. "Today worked out much better."He's ready. He's got his work cut out for him stepping up against older horses for the first time, but he's obviously a very nice horse."
Most Popular Stories
- Chasing Landaluce
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Test in Hong Kong
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Horizontal Navigation: Breeding Tab
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale