Gainesway Farm reported Wednesday that dual classic winner and stallion Afleet Alex is recovering from surgery performed on Sept. 26 to repair an inguinal hernia.The colt is expected to make a full recovery from the surgery, which was performed by Dr. Rolf Embertson at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital. It is anticipated Afleet Alex will return to Gainesway later this week.A popular runner on the Triple Crown trail of 2005, the son of Northern Afleet won the Preakness (gr. I) and Belmont Stakes (gr. I) and finished third in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Chasing Landaluce
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Tattersalls Ends Year With Soaring Figures
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?