The filly, whose half-sister, Rose Of Petra, won a Brighton maiden last week, is out of Desert Beauty, a half-sister to Group I winners Islington and Greek Dance.Peter Kavanagh's locally-based Kildaragh Stud consigned the filly - who was described by auctioneer Andrew Nolan as "a collector's item" - on behalf of her breeder, the Weinstock family's Ballymacoll Stud.
One of only two Kingmambos catalogued, a filly out of Polish Precedent's three-parts sister Diali, realised 500,000 euros when Coolmore boss John Magnier signaled the successful bid. Felipe Hinojosa's Loughtown and Chevington Studs consigned the filly.
Other Coolmore purchases included a 460,000-euro Galileo colt offered from Grangemore Stud and a 450,000-euro Pivotal filly out of top sprinter Cassandra Go consigned from James Hanly's Ballyhimikin Stud.
The average price increased by 19% to 115,424 euros, while the aggregate jumped by 33% to 22,046,000 euros after 230 were catalogued for the opening day at the Irish sale, 215 offered and 191 sold.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Apprentice Courtney Hernandez Gets First Win