The TVG Network, owned by Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc., announced Monday it has entered into a distribution agreement to deliver TVG's horse-racing programming as part of the AT&T U-verse TV channel lineup.
Under the agreement, AT&T U-verse TV customers will have access to TVG's full programming lineup, including up to eight live races an hour from more than 60 racetracks, as well as TVG's race analysis, interviews and original programming.
"AT&T U-verse is dedicated to delivering a variety of original sports entertainment to our diversified customer base," said Chris Lauricella, vice president of programming, AT&T Operations, Inc. "The TVG Network will be a wonderful addition to our robust channel lineup and sports programming, offering horse-racing aficionados an excellent source of live race coverage."
"TVG offers horse-racing fans the excitement of live races and the convenience of at-home wagering," said David Nathanson, president of TVG. "We are thrilled to make TVG part of AT&T's comprehensive sports programming lineup."
AT&T U-verse TV is delivered by Project Lightspeed and AT&T U-verse services are currently available to tens of thousands of homes in San Antonio. Through its subsidiaries, AT&T expects to reach nearly 19 million households by the end of 2008 as part of its initial deployment, using fiber-to-the-node and fiber-to-the-premises technologies.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail