"The Racetrack Chaplaincy of America is one of the unsung heroes in our sport," said Dan Metzger, president of TOBA. "Their faith-based ministry has touched many individuals at the tracks and on the farms and we salute them for their commitment to enriching the lives of countless participants in racing."The RTCA has served the horse racing industry since 1971 and fills the spiritual, emotional, physical, social, and educational needs of the industry's vast workforce. The RTCA oversees 74 chaplains at 113 tracks and training centers throughout the U.S., Canada and South America."On behalf of each of our chaplains, we want to express our sincere gratitude to every member of TOBA for this most meaningful award. It means very much to all at RTCA and we are honored," said Dr. Enrique Torres, RTCA's Executive Director. RTCA President Edward Smith said the recognition is much appreciated. "Much of our mission is to help others run the race of life and we intend to always be there for horse racing in triumph and tragedy," he said.
Most Popular Stories
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014