Turfway Park has established a subsidiary company to oversee the Florence, Ky. track's restaurant, concession, and banquet services, it was announced Wednesday. The new company, Turfway Concessionaire, takes over the duties of Sportservice, a non-affiliated business that the track has used since 1986.Turfway Concessionaire is headed by food and beverage director Michael Seader, most recently general manager of the Florence location of Rafferty's. The operation's executive chef is Kevin Kangas, who has filled similar roles at Cincinnati's Touch of Elegance, River Galley, and Village Pantry Catering."Turfway Concessionaire not only offers Turfway Park a new revenue stream but also allows us to exercise direct, hands-on control of products and services we offer our patrons," said track president Robert N. Elliston in a press release."
In addition to concession stands throughout the facility, Turfway also offers casual dining at the Homestretch restaurant, as well as bar and full-service on-site catering for groups from 10 to 4,000.
Live racing returns to Turfway September 6 for the 22-day Fall Meet, but simulcast racing and food and beverage service are offered all year. The track is generally open Wednesday through Sunday each week, with other days added as simulcast racing schedules progress around the country.
Most Popular Stories
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- Multi-Breed Drug Uniformity No Easy Task
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- New Buyers Drive Up Sales at Arqana
- Charles Town Gets Dates But Awaits Contract