A Labor Day card on Sept. 4 will feature the $150,000 Berkeley Handicap (gr. III) at 1 1/16 miles, which headlines the meeting's stakes schedule.
Golden Gate Fields has scheduled three $75,000 turf stakes for horses bred in California -- the Pacific Heights, a one-mile race for fillies and mares that will be run Sept. 23; the Presidio, a one-mile test for 3-year-olds and up on Sept. 30; and the Fort Mason, a five-furlong dash for 3-year-olds and up on Oct. 7.
The first stakes race of the meeting will be contested Saturday when fillies and mares match strides over 1 1/16 miles on the turf in the $50,000 Marina, one of five stakes carrying a $50,000 purse.
The other $50,000 stakes are: the China Basin, a 1 1/16-mile grass race for 3-year-olds and up that will be run Sept. 2; the Alameda, a six-furlong sprint for 2-year-olds on Sept. 9; the Noe Valley, a 1 1/16-mile contest for 3-year-old fillies on Sept. 16; and the Hayes Valley, a 1 1/16-mile race for 3-year-olds on Oct. 14.
There will be Monday racing programs on Aug. 28, Sept. 4 and Oct. 9.
Most Popular Stories
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Storms Eye and Europe to Bearfoot Farms
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- Brown Enters Pleuven, Request in Dania Beach
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY