Jockey Eddie Castro was sent to Monmouth Medical Center after being unseated by his mount Stormin Gracie in a two-horse incident that occurred during the running of the eighth race at Monmouth Park on Saturday.
Eddie King's mount, Megan Popz, fell midway around the far turn, unseating the rider. Castro, aboard Stormin Gracie, could not avoid the fallen horse and was thrown from his mount. "I sent (Castro) for X-rays for a possible back injury," said Dr. Angelo Chinnici, medical director for Monmouth Park. "Eddie (King) was a little shaken up, but he's okay."Stormin Gracie was uninjured in the incident, finishing the race without her jockey. Megan Popz was tended to on the track and was vanned off.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru