Jockey Eddie Castro was sent to Monmouth Medical Center after being unseated by his mount Stormin Gracie in a two-horse incident that occurred during the running of the eighth race at Monmouth Park on Saturday.
Eddie King's mount, Megan Popz, fell midway around the far turn, unseating the rider. Castro, aboard Stormin Gracie, could not avoid the fallen horse and was thrown from his mount. "I sent (Castro) for X-rays for a possible back injury," said Dr. Angelo Chinnici, medical director for Monmouth Park. "Eddie (King) was a little shaken up, but he's okay."Stormin Gracie was uninjured in the incident, finishing the race without her jockey. Megan Popz was tended to on the track and was vanned off.
Most Popular Stories
- Tournaments Growing Fans and Owners
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Immediate Effects of Shoeing on Horses' Movement
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics
- BloodHorse.com New Navigation Tour
- NYRA Chief Discusses Aspects of Growth Plan
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record