Jockey Jose Lezcano, second in the Monmouth Park jockey standings, was taken to Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch on Wednesday after being unseated by his mount Hermosillo during the running of the ninth race at the Oceanport, N.J., track.
"He was complaining of pain in his lower back," said Dr. Angelo Chinnici, medical director for the New Jersey Sports & Exposition Authority. "We sent him for pre-cautionary x-rays of his pelvis."
Hermosillo ducked out just before the wire and was unseated prior to crossing the finish line.
Through Wednesday's card Lezcano has 61 wins from 276 mounts.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade I Winner Flat Out Retired
- Hong Kong Runners May Have Trouble This Year
- Mucho Macho Man Returns to Gulfstream Tab
- Hialeah Purse Lawsuit Heads to Arbitration
- Hong Kong Cup: Winfried Engelbrecht-Bresges
- Ihtsahymn Edges Favorite in Kingston Town
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- What was the Top Race of 2013?