Mystery Mutuel Vouchers are coded tickets worth $2 to $1 million that are distributed in local markets via direct mail, accompanied by customized brochures. During the first 11 Mystery Mutuel Voucher promotions, more than $31 million worth of vouchers were circulated, resulting in double-digit increases in pari-mutuel handle and attendance at most participating sites compared to the same weekend date from the prior year. The 12 sites participating Aug. 12 are as follows: Arlington Park; Bay Meadows; Canterbury Park; Churchill Downs; Delaware Park; Ellis Park; Emerald Downs; Hoosier Park; Monmouth Park; Mountaineer Park; Oaklawn Park; and Suffolk Downs.
The Mystery Mutuel Voucher redemption coincides with major stakes, including the Arlington Million (gr. IT) at Arlington Park and the Sword Dancer Invitational Handicap (gr. I) at Saratoga. "Based on redemption rates that far surpass the marketing industry norm, we think the Mystery Mutuel Voucher promotion is one of the most effective direct mail initiatives in all of sports," said Keith Chamblin, NTRA senior vice president of communications. "We hope to again drive attendance and handle at all 12 of our participating NTRA member sites, and we'd love to see someone win our grand prize and go home $1 million richer."
The promotion features model lists for tracks to augment their mailings, provided at no cost by the NTRA, and volume-generated discounts on printing and mailing by Presort Services, the NTRA's official supplier for integrated marketing services, which offers customized post-event analysis for each site.
Most Popular Stories
- Old Friends Retiree The Name's Jimmy Dies
- Mucho Macho Man Florida's Horse of the Year
- Tapiture Breezes For Rebel Stakes
- AmWest Offers Players Chance to Help TCA
- Campaign to Expose Newcomers to Horses
- After the Wire: Santa Anita Handicap
- Pressure Off Sherman After 'Chrome's Dazzler
- Expectations High for OBS 2-Year-Old Sale
- Judy the Beauty Splendid in Las Flores Score
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap