The New York Racing Associationannounced three promotions and a new appointment to its management staff Aug. 3.John Ryan has been named to a new post as senior vice president and chief administrative officer, NYRA Chief Executive Officer Charles E. Hayward announced. Ryan is to officially begin his duties on Aug. 8.Ryan, who worked as chief operating officer for Heating Oil Partners L.P., an $800 million energy provider, will be responsible for facilities, information technology, parking and admissions and security.Hayward also announced that senior vice-president William A. Nader has been promoted to senior vice president/chief operating officer; Ken Cook to vice president for security, and John Tierney to vice president for facilities.
Most Popular Stories
- Chasing Landaluce
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Test in Hong Kong
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look