NetJets, the National Thoroughbred Racing Association, and Breeders' Cup Limited announced Aug. 3 that NetJets has renewed its marketing partnership with the NTRA/Breeders' Cup through 2007. NetJets has been a sponsor of the NTRA and Breeders' Cup since 2002.
Under the agreement, NetJets will continue as title sponsor of the $2 million NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. I), and the NetJets Mile Division, consisting of 27 graded stakes races leading to the Breeders' Cup World Championships. The Mile is a one-mile turf race contested each fall as a part of the $20 million Breeders' Cup World Championships and is televised live by ESPN. This year's Breeders' Cup will be held Nov. 4 at Churchill Downs in Louisville.
In addition to the Breeders' Cup, NetJets will continue its international horse racing partnerships with The Curragh in Ireland, France Gallop, and Baden-Baden in Germany.
"NetJets has found this event to be a perfect fit, and is proud to continue our sponsorship of this great day of racing," said NetJets chairman and CEO Richard Santulli.
"We are delighted that NetJets has renewed its relationship with the NTRA and the Breeders' Cup," said Greg Avioli, interim chief executive officer of the NTRA and Breeders' Cup Limited.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online