Of the announcement, Bailey said, "I truly believe that New York is the best place in the world for horse racing, and I am delighted to be part of such a great team. Excelsior Racing is committed to integrity, leadership, and experience, three qualities that embody what New York Racing can and should be. We are committed to running a world class operation that will mean vastly improved racetracks and exciting new opportunities for fans and horsemen across the board -- jockeys, owners, breeders, workers. I look forward to working with Steve Swindal, Richard Fields, and our team to make our vision for New York racing a reality."Bailey will participate in the "Seekers of the Franchise" panel Tuesday at the Saratoga Institute on Racing and Wagering Law at 9 a.m.
Most Popular Stories
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Online Stallion Season Auction Set for Iowa
- NYRA Budget Passes, But Not Without Debate
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet
- Minimum Stakes Purse to Increase at Aqueduct