Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Barbaro continues to be stable Friday after another comfortable night, according to chief of surgery Dean Richardson. His right hind leg cast was changed late Wednesday. "We took new radiographs, and they look good," said Richardson. "No problems were evident." In addition, the modified foot cast on Barbaro's left hind foot, which has laminitis, is changed daily so the foot can be treated and watched for signs of infection.
"Barbaro has a strong appetite, and he has been enjoying handpicked grass and 'healthy snacks' daily," said Dr. Richardson.
Barbaro remains in the Intensive Care Unit of the University of Pennsylvania's George D. Widener Hospital.
Most Popular Stories
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Apprentice Boulanger Guides in First Winner
- Trainer Chuck Treece Collects 1,000th Win
- Lexington Tracks Eye Instant Racing Licenses
- WV Racing, Breeding Take 10% Revenue Hit
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays