Gallagher was selected for the position following a nationwide search for an executive director after Governor Ernie Fletcher abolished the former Kentucky Racing Commission and established the new authority.
William Street, chairman of the KHRA, said the agency will miss its first executive director. "Jim Gallagher has proved to be an outstanding executive director and his experience in the industry served him and the authority well the past two years," Street said.
Gallagher had previously served as vice president of regulatory compliance and as vice president of pari-mutuel operations for the New York Racing Association.
Most Popular Stories
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Storms Eye and Europe to Bearfoot Farms
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Brown Enters Pleuven, Request in Dania Beach
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- Rice Plots Spots for Palace; Gravesend Next
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY