Gallagher was selected for the position following a nationwide search for an executive director after Governor Ernie Fletcher abolished the former Kentucky Racing Commission and established the new authority.
William Street, chairman of the KHRA, said the agency will miss its first executive director. "Jim Gallagher has proved to be an outstanding executive director and his experience in the industry served him and the authority well the past two years," Street said.
Gallagher had previously served as vice president of regulatory compliance and as vice president of pari-mutuel operations for the New York Racing Association.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident