Journeyman Brice Blanc, a French-bred rider who found success on the Southern California circuit for nearly 10 years, has returned to ride for the rest of the Del Mar meet.Blanc gets his first start aboard a filly named Lock and Key in Monday's seventh race for trainer Ben Cecil, one of the trainers who used Blanc often in the past to ride in turf races. "This filly needs to learn to relax," Cecil said of Lock and Key, "and Brice is really good at getting horses to relax."Blanc, who will be accompanied by his agent, former trainer Steven Rieser, posted nine stakes wins during his seasons at Del Mar. Victories included the 1997 San Clemente Handicap and Del Mar Oaks with Famous Digger, the 1999 Palomar Handicap with Happyanunoit and the Del Mar Handicap, also in '99, with Sayarshan.
Most Popular Stories
- THS: Santa Anita H. & San Felipe S.
- Bayern Out of San Felipe With Bruised Quarter
- Haskin: Another Opportunity For Wise Dan
- Who Will Win the Big 'Cap Showdown?
- Epic Rematch Set for Santa Anita Handicap
- Shippers Head Wide-Open Honeybee
- Bond Holder to Florida Clinic for Monitoring
- Sherman Keeps Ticking With California Chrome
- 191 Nominated to Toyota Blue Grass Stakes
- Chad Brown Fillies Vie for Florida Oaks