California Invaders Dominate Carry Back Cast
After Lost in the Fog invaded from California to win the $300,000 Carry Back Stakes (gr. II) in 2005, the six-furlong Summit of Speed test has a strong California presence once again in this year's renewal. Too Much Bling and Northern Soldier are the probable favorites in the field eight 3-year-olds.Edgar Prado rides Stonerside Stable and Blazing Meadows Farm's Too Much Bling for trainer Bob Baffert. The colt finished third last out in the Woody Stephens Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. II) on Belmont Day, and makes his first trip to Calder.A roan/gray colt by Rubiano, Too Much Bling reeled off consecutive stakes victories earlier this year in the San Miguel and San Vicente (gr. II) at Santa Anita and the Bay Shore Stakes (gr. III) at Aqueduct.Like Lost in the Fog, Julie Berta, E Racing.Com and Winding River Stable's Northern Soldier comes into the Carry Back undefeated, although with somewhat less fanfare. Trained by Brian Koriner, the son of Yankee Victor has won all three of his starts, including the Laz Barrera Memorial (gr. II) last out on May 20 at Hollywood Park. $300,000 Carry Back Stakes (gr. II, Race 9, 4:38 p.m.), 3-Year-Olds, 6 Furlongs
Date Posted: 7/13/2006 8:10:43 PM
Last Updated: 7/15/2006 1:22:16 PM
PP. Horse, Weight, Jockey
1. Mach Ride (FL), 115, Elvis Trujillo
2. Laptop Computer (FL), 115, Abel Castellano, Jr.
3. Blazing Rate (FL), 122, Jorge F. Chavez
4. Yes He's the Man (FL), 117, Eddie Castro
5. Northern Soldier (KY), 119, Russell A. Baze
6. Too Much Bling (OH), 122, Edgar S. Prado
7. Folk Festival (GB), 115, Juan C. Leyva
8. Lord Vicar (KY), 115, Tracy J. Hebert
Copyright © 2014 The Blood-Horse, Inc. All Rights Reserved.