Added Edge, voted champion 2-year-old colt in Canada during his undefeated 2002 season in which his four wins included the grade III Nashua Stakes in New York, will enter stud next spring in Iowa at Special K Stables near Runnells.
Ray Muck, owner of Special K Farm, has acquired a majority interest in the son of Smart Strike , with Team Valor and Robert Wilson retaining an interest in the 6-year-old. In 19 career outings, the Kentucky-bred had eight wins, including six stakes, and earned $552,326. Trained by Dale Romans, Mark Casse and Ralph Nicks, Added Edge won the grade III Razorback Handicap at Oaklawn Park in his final outing.
After his season at two, when he was runner-up for Horse of the Year in Canada, Added Edge was weighted below 10 other juvenile males on the Experimental Free Handicap of 2002 at 115 pounds.Added Edge was foaled out of the $211,577 stakes winner Sweet Nostalgia, who also produced the $252,151 stakes winner Gold Memory. His second dam was the was the multiple graded stakes winner Maritza.
Most Popular Stories
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- Multi-Breed Drug Uniformity No Easy Task
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- New Buyers Drive Up Sales at Arqana
- Charles Town Gets Dates But Awaits Contract