While Monmouth Park's brand new turf course goes through its growing stage, the Meadowlands will be the venue for grass racing in New Jersey. Monday's first-ever Monmouth-at-Meadowlands all-turf program proved popular enough to draw a total of 91 entries for eight races.
Monmouth will offer three all-grass cards at the Meadowlands on June 5, 12 and 19. The new course in Oceanport expected to be inaugurated on June 24.
Monday's card consists of three races at one mile and 70 yards, and five races at 1 1/16-mile, including the $60,000 Trenton Stakes, which goes as the fourth event on the program.
The Trenton, for 3-year-old fillies, drew a field of nine.
Quite a Bride, trained by Bill Mott, drew the rail in the Trenton and will be looking for her third straight score on the turf. The Stormy Atlantic filly won her only two grass starts at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- City Wolf Joins Roster at Pleasant Acres
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- Free Mammography Screening at Turfway Dec. 27
- Ritvo to Receive Lou Smith Memorial Award
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired