Richard Scheidt and Wayne Atwell have joined the Thoroughbred Owners of California staff as representatives for Northern California at Bay Meadows, Golden Gate Fields and the fairs. Scheidt will oversee TOC operations in the northern half of the state, including new owner recruitment and education programs, liaison efforts with track management and officials, servicing day-to-day requests from owners for information and assistance, and a new electronic newsletter. Atwell will be responsible for the development and management of TOC's Web site and will provide assistance to Scheidt.
Scheidt replaces longtime TOC staffer Jim Ghidella, who resigned at the conclusion of the Golden Gate Fields race meet.
"Having grown up in the Bay Area and been a lifelong race fan, I am delighted to be part of TOC's efforts to strengthen racing in the North, and get Northern California racing back on its feet," said Scheidt.Atwell's family has owned and raced horses in Northern California for more than 25 years. He has 20 years experience working in high tech software and financial industries.
Scheidt will begin work in early July. Atwell is already on board as a part-time staff member.
Most Popular Stories
- Constitution to Make Stakes Debut in FL Derby
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- ThistleDown Racino Meet to Begin April 19
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- New Standards May Be Imposed on NY Stewards