HorseRacing TV will feature a daily update on the condition of Barbaro, the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner who was injured in the Preakness Stakes (gr. I), beginning at 3:30 p.m. ET/12:30 p.m. PT.
"Like the rest of the racing world, the HRTV group is very concerned about Barbaro," said Amy J. Zimmerman, HRTV's executive producer. "All signs of recovery are positive at this point, and we are optimistic that they will continue to be, but we know our viewers are sophisticated enough to realize that Barbaro still has a very long road ahead of him.
"His condition has the potential to change on a daily basis. We view telling our audience that we have nothing new to report on Barbaro's condition as very good news. We are looking forward to the day when we are able to report that 'today is the day that Barbaro gets to leave the New Bolton Center and go home to a happy life.'"
HRTV has been on the scene since Barbaro was injured during the 131st running of the Preakness Stakes last Saturday, first reporting live from the stable area at Pimlico and later with live updates from Jeanine Edwards at New Bolton Center in Pennsylvania.
Most Popular Stories
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- City Wolf Joins Roster at Pleasant Acres
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says