A quartet of HorseRacing TV experts and reporters will be at Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore to bring fans coverage of the 131st running of the $1 million Preakness Stakes (gr. I) May 20.Laffit Pincay, Jeff Siegel, and Peter Lurie will be joined by Becky Witzman at Old Hilltop to present all the news and developments from the middle jewel of racing's Triple Crown.
"The Preakness is a special, unique racing event that is steeped in tradition," said Amy Zimmerman, HRTV's executive producer. "We're excited to be on-site and offer our viewers all the top-flight action, late developments, and festivities surrounding one of the sport's greatest days."
HRTV's coverage will include interviews with the jockeys, trainers, and owners of Preakness hopefuls, as well as up-to-date happenings from the Preakness stakes barn.
In addition, HRTV's coverage will include a host of stakes races on both Friday's Black Eyed Susan (gr. II) and Saturday's Preakness cards. Featured on Friday will be two grade III events--the $125,000 Miss Preakness Stakes and the $200,000 Breeders Cup Distaff--along with the $75,000 Very One Stakes.
Saturday's supporting program will include four graded stakes races, topped by the grade II $250,000 Dixie Stakes. A trio of grade III races includes the $200,000 Maryland Breeders' Cup Sprint, as well as two $100,000 events, the Gallorette and Schaefer Handicaps.
Most Popular Stories
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- Two Colts Bring $1.6 Million Each at OBS
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer
- Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region: A New Heritage
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Malibu Moon Colt Brings $1.3 Million at OBS
- Turfway to Boost Purses With KTDF Supplements
- New York Panel to Adopt, Amend Racing Rules
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 3/11/2014
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004