The former claimer Siren Lure carries top weight of 120 pounds when he faces seven opponents in the $100,000 Los Angeles Handicap (gr. III), a six-furlong test at Hollywood Park on Saturday.
The winner of the Robert Kerlan Memorial Handicap sprinting on the turf at Hollywood last summer, the 5-year-old gelding seeks his first graded stakes victory with regular rider Alex Solis. One of the top claims in California last year, Siren Lure has won five of eight starts since being haltered by trainer Art Sherman for $50,000 at Bay Meadows on May 8, 2005.
In addition to the Kerlan, Siren Lure won two other non-graded turf stakes sprinting and also captured the non-graded Daytona Handicap on a wet-fast Santa Anita main track at 6 ½ furlongs on Feb. 19. The versatile son of Joyeux Danseur has won nine of 17 starts and earned $349,909. $100,000 Los Angeles Times Handicap (gr. III, Race 9, 5:20 p.m.), 3 & Up, 6 Furlongs
PP. Horse, Weight, Jockey
1. Pure as Gold (WA), 119, Tyler Baze
2. Areyoutalkintome (CA), 117, Patrick A. Valenzuela
3. Cigar Pal (CA), 113, David R. Flores
4. Siren Lure (KY), 120, Alex O. Solis
5. Secret Ridge (BRZ), 112, Martin Garcia
6. Prorunner (KY), 112, Jon Kenton Court
7. Oceanus (BRZ), 114, Octavio Vergara
8. Thunder Touch (KY), 115, Martin A. Pedroza