"He's a nice, big, well-grown colt, who'll not grow anymore, he'll just head to David's to fill-out now." said McAnulty.Kiwi-born McAnutly has recently relocated to Australia and boasts many successes with Easter bought yearlings, most notably the multiple group I winner and Champion 3-year-old Mouawad from the 1995 sale.
Of the top 10 lots, Redoute's Choice was responsible for four, with three of those making over $1 million, the other stopping at $900,000. Smarty Jones ' old man Elusive Quality , with his first Australian offering, made a record of his own when his colt from the extraordinary producer Assertive Lass (Zedative) reached $1.4 million, falling to the bid of John Ferguson. "This was the highest priced yearling by Elusive Quality sold anywhere in the world," said Darley's marketing manger Tania Henry-May.Assertive Lass was a group I winner and her three foals to race have been a group I winner, a group II winner and group III-placed, respectively. Elusive Quality, standing at Darley, was the leading freshman on average at $333,450, ahead of Rock Of Gibraltar who shuttles to Coolmore Stud. His average was $295,000 and he too had a million dollar-plus baby. It was the colt from Subterfuge and was bought by the astute New Zealander David Ellis for $1.3 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- DiEmanuele Named to Woodbine's Board
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Nutritional Management of Insulin Resistance in Horses