Wagering on Saturday's 10-race Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) program totaled an all-time Keeneland record $18,306,844. It topped by almost $1 million the previous record of $17,347,623 set during last year's Blue Grass program at the Lexington, Ky., track.
The race drew 30,660 to Keeneland, the third largest on-track crowd in history. They bet $3,215,522 on Keeneland racing and incoming simulcasts, also the all-time third highest on-track daily handle. The trifecta and superfecta betting on the Blue Grass--$833,401 and $353,698 -- also eclipsed Keeneland records.
A total of 54,542 people attended Friday and Saturday's racing and wagered $5,784,189 on track. Wagering from all sources totaled $30,273,536 for the two days of racing.
"Although we don't keep records for back-to-back days, I can't imagine a stronger two days of racing from an attendance and wagering standpoint in Keeneland's history," said Keeneland president and CEO Nick Nicholson. "We'd like to thank everyone involved."Keeneland's 15-day spring meeting resumes Wednesday and continues through Friday, April 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- California Chrome Shines Again in San Felipe
- Palace Malice Returns a Winner in GP Handicap
- Featured Horse Profile: Palace Malice
- Ring Weekend Springs Tampa Bay Derby Upset
- Sahara Sky Storms to Second San Carlos Win
- Winning Prize Streaks Home in Kilroe Mile
- Indian Charlie Son Drills Fast Furlong at OBS
- Top Billing Off Derby Trail With Fracture
- Euphrosyne Elevated to Honeybee Victory