J. Curtis Linnell, who has been employed by the Thoroughbred Racing Protective Bureau as a wagering analyst since 2003, has been appointed director of wagering analysis for the organization.The TRPB said Linnell has contributed significantly to industry initiatives such as the Enterprise Wagering request for proposal, the National Thoroughbred Racing Association Wagering Systems Task Force, and the Wagering Transaction Protocol project.With his extensive background in pari-mutuels and technology, Linnell has been given operational leadership of the Thoroughbred Racing Association's 2020 Committee. He also regularly addresses industry, regulatory, and legislative groups on wagering and simulcasting matters.Linnell has visited account and simulcast wagering services throughout the United States, Great Britain, and Australia.Previous to joining TRPB, the University of Saskatchewan graduate was employed by Hastings Park and Marquis Downs in a variety of positions that included mutuel manager, director of operations, and director of simulcasting and technical services. He also is a former vice president of Racetracks of Canada, and alternate director of the TRA.
TRPB president Frank Fabian said Linnell's responsibilities include oversight of expanded analytic, research, and technical services being implemented by TRPB. "These additional services respond directly to the TRA board of directors' decision to expand TRPB's current efforts and resources to enhance wagering integrity, augment investigations, and provide our members with additional capabilities to address individual business concerns," Fabian said.
Most Popular Stories
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Brown Enters Pleuven, Request in Dania Beach
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- Rice Plots Spots for Palace; Gravesend Next
- Digging Deeper into BC Lasix Study
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY
- Bill Strauss Elected to Serve on TOC Board