Hurricane Run, the winner of the 2005 Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe Lucien Barriere (Fr-I), continues to head the list of "World's Leading Horses, compiled by the World Rankings Supervisory Committee under the International Federation of Racing Authorities.The latest edition of the rankings covers the period from Oct. 1, 2005 through March 31, 2006.Shirocco, who won the John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT), moved into second position, just in front of Electrocutionist, who is undefeated on dirt after his victory in the Emirates Airline Dubai World Cup (UAE-I).
The Dubai World Cup meeting produced several other impressive victories, notably David Junior the Dubai Duty Free and Hearts Cry in the Nakheel Dubai Sheema Classic. These two now share fourth spot in the Rankings with the Sprinters Stakes (Aus-I) victor Silent Witness.The complete rankings are available at World's Leading Horses.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29