Mark Midland has been promoted to vice president of racing operations for Harrah's Louisiana Downs. He began his career with Harrah's Louisiana Downs in August of 2005 as the director of marketing, overseeing the Total Rewards program and racetrack marketing at Harrah's Louisiana Downs, and Winners Circle program at Horseshoe Casino and Hotel. In his new role, Midland will be responsible for all racetrack operations and racetrack marketing. In the interim, he will continue to oversee player card services for both properties.
Prior to joining the Harrah's team, Midland served as vice president of marketing for Churchill Downs Inc., where he oversaw the Twin Spires Club, CDI's player-rewards program, and the development of their customer relationship management initiative. Midland joined the marketing department at Churchill Downs in 1997. Prior to Churchill Downs, Midland worked in the marketing and public relations departments at Hollywood Park, Santa Anita Park and Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Test in Hong Kong
- Zia Park Reports 14% Increase in 2013 Handle
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- House Subcommittee to Discuss Internet Gaming
- Second Quarantined Barn at Parx Cleared
- Wagering Up More Than 4% in November
- Jockey De La Cruz Registers 1,000th Victory