Saturday's $150,000 Bourbonette Breeders' Cup on the Lane's End undercard at Turfway Park, run this year for the first time as a grade III race, has attracted 10 sophomore fillies, including four who have already won a stakes race and two others who are stakes placed.
With her nose victory in the Santa Ynez (gr. II) at Santa Anita, Dance Daily is the lone graded stakes winner in the field. Trainer D. Wayne Lukas has named Julio Garcia to ride.
Her main competition may come from Sabatini, who in three career starts has finished no worse than third, including a third in the Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) and a second in the Santa Ysabel (gr. III). Trained by Patrick Biancone, Sabatini will be making her first start since Jan. 7. She has been training forwardly at Turfway. Julien Leparoux will ride.
Local contender Classical Ryder is undefeated, with all four victories coming over Turfway's Polytrack surface. In her last effort for trainer Donald Hughes Sr. she overcame a slow start to win the $50,000 Valdale Stakes. Eddie Martin Jr. was aboard in that race and has the call again Saturday. $150,000 Bourbonette Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III), 3-Year-Old Fillies, 1 Mile
PP. Horse, Weight, Jockey
1. Sabatini (KY), 115, Julien R. Leparoux
2. Lemons Forever (KY), 117, David R. Flores
3. Lady Danza (KY), 115, Brice Blanc
4. Dance Daily (KY), 115, Julio A. Garcia
5. Morethanawhisper (KY), 115, Dean P. Butler
6. Coronado's Vision (KY), 117, Edgar S. Prado
7. Classical Ryder (KY), 121, Eddie M. Martin, Jr.
8. Capozzene (KY), 121, Christopher P. DeCarlo
9. Champagne N Glory (KY), 115, John McKee
10. Top Notch Lady (KY), 115, Robby Albarado