The morning discussions will conclude with the topic of morning schooling, reviewing the importance of morning schooling, its logistics, and horse-handling methods.Afternoon topics will focus on safety, with a discussion that will include safety equipment and practices.
A less formal discussion will focus on anecdotal instances that have tested starters in the face of adversity. The topic of trouble at the gate at crunch time also will fill some of the afternoon's discussion and provide some tips for attendees on how to react in pressure situations.
The meeting will conclude with a planning discussion on how the level of communication between starters across the country can be increased. It will be a free-forum idea session with potential outcomes being computer mailing lists as well as a database for starters.
Registration is free to all TRA-member racetracks. For more information on registration, contact the TRA at 410-392-9200.
Most Popular Stories
- Gala Award: Not Your Typical Turf Pedigree
- Downey Appointed to Judicial Position in KY
- Former Jockey Davis Focus of HRTV Documentary
- Winter Not a Serious Threat to Eastern Tent Caterpillar Eggs
- Xpressbet to Sponsor HOF Jockey Challenge
- Leishmaniasis: No Longer Just a Foreign Animal Disease
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Trainer D'Angelo Dies at 55
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes