Hollendorfer will also send out Ace Blue, and Symphony Sid.
Starting on the outside, Adreamisborn will carry high weight of 122 pounds and be ridden by Russell Baze. The multiple stakes-winning 7-year-old gelding Adreamisborn has won 11 of his 31 career starts and $669,580. In his most recent race on March 4, Adreamisborn rallied from last to win the 1 1/16-miles San Quentin overnight stakes.
Ace Blue is a grade II winner who has seven wins in 20 career starts and $248,009 in earnings. A 6-year-old horse bred in Brazil, Ace Blue is coming off a third-place finish in the All American Handicap (gr. IIIT) on Feb. 20 at Golden Gate. Chad Schvaneveldt will ride Ace Blue, who will carry 114 pounds.
The lightly raced Symphony Sid, a quick 6-year-old horse, has four victories in 17 lifetime starts. Symphony Sid led into the stretch in the San Quentin but tired in the final furlong and finished third. Chance Rollins will ride Symphony Sid, who will also tote 114 pounds.
Taking on Hollendorfer's trio will be Southern California invaders Cheroot (trained by Darrell Vienna), Capitano (Tom Bell) and Cosmonaut (Patrick Biancone).
Cheroot finished third in the $250,000 California Cup Classic last November, while Capitano won the Turf Paradise Handicap on Feb. 11 and Cosmonaut ran fourth in the Sir Beaufort Stakes in December.
$150,000 Golden Gate Fields Handicap (gr. IIIT, Race 8, 4:15 p.m.), 4 & Up, 1 1/8 Miles (Turf)
PP. Horse, Weight, Jockey
1. Ace Blue (BRZ), 114, Chad P. Schvaneveldt
2. Cheroot (CA), 112, Roberto M. Gonzalez
3. Capitano (PA), 116, Jon K. Court
4. Symphony Sid (KY), 114, Chance J. Rollins
5. Cosmonaut (KY), 112, Tony Farina
6. Adreamisborn (KY), 122, Russell A. Baze
Most Popular Stories
- Two Colts Bring $1.6 Million Each at OBS
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer
- Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region: A New Heritage
- Turfway to Boost Purses With KTDF Supplements
- Malibu Moon Colt Brings $1.3 Million at OBS
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- New York Panel to Adopt, Amend Racing Rules
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 3/11/2014
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004