Blanchard was recognized for his contributions to the field as an educator, mentor, clinician and scientist. He has spent most of his professional career as a clinician educating veterinarians in the field of Theriogenology. Following his clinical residency at the University of Pennsylvania, Blanchard held faculty positions at the University of Missouri, Pennsylvania, and Texas A&M. He has authored and co-authored over 100 peer-reviewed publications, and four textbooks, which he also edited.
In 2005, Blanchard entered private reproductive practice and is currently associated with Hill 'n' Dale Farm near Lexington as a resident veterinarian. According to a statement issued by Hill 'n' Dale, the farm is "privileged that such an esteemed veterinarian as Terry has joined our staff. His knowledge as a scientist is only outdone by his tremendous work ethic. The American College of Theriogenologists could not have selected a more worthy recipient for this honor."
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses