Blanchard was recognized for his contributions to the field as an educator, mentor, clinician and scientist. He has spent most of his professional career as a clinician educating veterinarians in the field of Theriogenology. Following his clinical residency at the University of Pennsylvania, Blanchard held faculty positions at the University of Missouri, Pennsylvania, and Texas A&M. He has authored and co-authored over 100 peer-reviewed publications, and four textbooks, which he also edited.
In 2005, Blanchard entered private reproductive practice and is currently associated with Hill 'n' Dale Farm near Lexington as a resident veterinarian. According to a statement issued by Hill 'n' Dale, the farm is "privileged that such an esteemed veterinarian as Terry has joined our staff. His knowledge as a scientist is only outdone by his tremendous work ethic. The American College of Theriogenologists could not have selected a more worthy recipient for this honor."
Most Popular Stories
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- City Wolf Joins Roster at Pleasant Acres
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says